Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Musings

I have been thinking a long time on the direction my blog should take - hence the lack of posts :-)  I have come to the conclusion that maybe I will just share my crazy busy brain here on my blog and then my "voice" will naturally emerge...or all of you will find out just how nuts I am!

It's snowing right now, heavy snow outside the office window, and it is beautiful.  I am thankful to live in such a beautiful state where the weather changes so much - I think I would be totally bored in a state like Florida - as lovely as it is - with no season change and where the weather really never has any variety. 

The snow always feels like a lovely blanket, wrapping me in comfort.  It brings back happy childhood memories and makes happy childhood memories for my children.  I love the way it dampens the sounds outside; when I am standing out in the snow all the sounds are muted, I can't hear the freeway a half mile from my house and even the sound of the snow shovel scraping the driveway is softer, more gentle.

Driving in the snow makes me smile.  The crunch of the snow under my tires, the ruts of snow that create a path down the road, the screen of snow falling as I drive all make even a commute to work a lovely sensory experience.

Across the street from me right now is a home with many evergreens in the front yard.  Through the falling snow I can make out one of them from here at my desk.  It is the familiar dark green, conical shaped tree that is so common here in Michigan.  The snow has gently frosted the needles of the evergreen, creating a beautiful dark green and white picture for me to look at today.

Winter in Michigan brings me joy and peace...I hope it does for you, too!

:-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy you're finding your voice ... is an awesome voice and I can't wait to see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete